“Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about your joys.”
– Rita Schiano
When people ask how can they do it when all they can think of are their problems which are so in their face, I suggest – go general and focus on all the well-being around us like
- the sun came up and it’s not on anyone’s to-do list
- the earth is revolving in its orbit in perfect proximity to other planets
- food is not being flown in from other planets. In other words, we are able to grow our own food
- your heart continues to beat and you trust it will. When you take a nap, you do not tell someone to watch you lest your heart stops beating.
- the blood in your body continues to flow on its own
- the earth is just hanging in space and continues to do so
In other words, we are surrounded by well-being. Yes, there are painful experiences too but there is well being too and we can choose what we want to focus on. What we focus on brings us more to feel the same so we might want to be picky about what we are focusing on. When we go general and focus on the well being around us, it’s easier to feel good. When feeling better and stronger predominantly and consistently, one may want to go specific and look at the problem one is facing from a solution oriented point of view and not a problem oriented point of view. Due to the place of strength one is looking at the problem from, chances are high that one will be able to focus on the answer and not the question i.e. on the solution and not the problem. The action which one feels inspired to in this situation will now be from a place of strength and not from a place of lack and that difference in the energy is important.
Photo credit – Anders Jilden via unsplash.com